Migration Campaign – Share the Journey
On September 27, 2017, Pope Francis launched a global campaign to support immigrants and refugees around the world called “Share the Journey.” Our brothers and sisters often make perilous journeys, leaving their homelands because they are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict, poverty, persecution and violence. There are more refugees and internally displaced people now – over 65 million – than at any other time in recorded history. Our faith calls us to “love our neighbor,” to see Christ in those who are in greatest need, and to welcome newcomers seeking the security, peace, and opportunity they cannot find in their home countries.
We can join Pope Francis and the Church around the world, and share the journey with fellow children of God by:
- Learning about their journeys. Read stories, watch videos, and pay attention to news that can help sensitize us to their reality. Then, share what you learn with others by:
- Joining the #sharejourney campaign on social media!
- Meeting immigrants and refugees. Contact your local Catholic Charities agency to learn how you can join or support their programs that serve immigrants and refugees.
- Saying a daily prayer for all people, and especially children, who have fled their homes in search of peace and safety.
- Supporting the work of local and international Catholic agencies, like Catholic Charities and Catholic Relief Services, who help to care for the needs of immigrants and refugees in the United States and around the world.
Resources and Information