Eventos No Parroquiales para la Comunidad
Cada Miércoles de 10 am a 12 pm en la 55th y Kedzie
Debe llegar en un vehículo – No se permiten Niños!
RECURSOS DE ALIMENTO
Some select South Side supplemental food resources include:
- Centro Comunitario Juan Diego (8812 S. Commercial Ave.): This nonprofit community center has had to suspend most of its programs, but its food pantry remains open. Open Friday, 9am–2pm. Se habla español.
- Haven of Rest Missionary Baptist Church (Fellowship Hall, 7901 S. Stony Island Ave.): Open Wednesday, 11am–1pm.
- The Hyde Park Kenwood Food Pantry (Hyde Park Union Church, 5600 S. Woodlawn Ave.—enter by the side door at 1169 E. 56th St.): This food pantry usually serves anyone who lives between 39th St. and 63rd St. and between Cottage Grove and Lake Michigan, or in the section of the 60615 zip code that extends west of Cottage Grove. However, the pantry guarantees service on a person’s first visit and has also eased service area guidelines due to the COVID-19 crisis. Open Saturday, 10am–1pm.
- Southeast Side of Chicago Food Pantry (11401 S. Green Bay Ave.): This food pantry serves people who live in the 60617 and 60633 zip codes. New clients must register, so bring an ID and a utility bill. Open Wednesday, 1pm–3pm; 3rd Fridays (upcoming: Friday, March 20), 9:30am–11:30am. Se habla español.
- Casa Catalina Basic Human Needs Center (4537 S. Ashland Ave.): Catholic Charities food pantry serving Back of the Yards and surrounding neighborhoods since 1990. Currently open and distributing prepacked bags of food; requesting donations of frozen meat and nonperishable food items. No clothing please. Open Tuesday, 9:30am–11:30am, 1pm–2:30pm; Wednesday, 1pm–5pm; Thursday, 9:30am–2:30pm. Se habla español.
- Su Casa/Central American Martyrs Center (5045 S. Laflin): The Su Casa Catholic Worker House offers shelter and community to families experiencing homelessness and/or domestic violence. Requesting donations of shampoo, toilet paper, and disposable diapers; no clothing donations accepted. Adjacent Frieda’s Place soup kitchen and pantry (1434 W. 51st St.) is serving meals to go on Tuesday, 9–10am, and Thursday, 10 am–noon; the pantry distributes groceries on Sunday, 10am–noon. Se habla español.
- Trinity Resurrection United Church (9046 S. Mackinaw Ave.): Open Wednesday, 8:30am–10:30am.
- UI Health Pilsen Food Pantry (1850 S. Throop St.): Open Monday–Friday, 10am–1:30pm. Se habla español.
- Amor De Dios Food Pantry (2356 S. Sawyer Ave.): The Little Village food pantry is the largest in the West Side and is managed by a United Methodist Church which has a motto of “open hearts, open minds, open doors.” New clients must register, so bring an ID, utility bill, or piece of mail. Open Thursday, 3pm–7pm. Se habla español.
- Immaculate Conception Food Pantry (2745 W. 44th St.): Food pantry in a popular Catholic Church in Brighton Park. Open Friday, 4pm–6pm; Saturday, 10am–12pm. Se habla español.