Pictures of Previous Event – Our Lady of Guadalupe Novena 2019
December 3-12, 2019 – Pictures
I want to take the opportunity to acknowledge the participation of so many of you in the celebrations of Our Lady of Guadalupe here at our beautiful Church of St. Rita. After nine days of the novena, we gathered together as a community to honor Our Lady with “las mañanitas” and the Solemn Mass on December 12. This year, we noticed there were many more parishioners in attendance during the novena compared to the previous years. The members of our parish groups deserve praise and thanks for their dedication, commitment and generosity. I would like to especially thank…
- The team of people who decorated the image of Our Lady and the Cerrito.
- Everyone who helped with the flowers and the decoration and cleaning of the church, as well as those who helped arrange the flowers, among them those that donated the rose arrangements during the novena – Saul Corona and his wife, Aracely Corona.
- Felipa y Blas Hernandez for bringing donuts from Huck Finn each night and Huck Finn for donating them.
- Clara Sandoval and all the people of the “Danza de Santa Rita” for their talent and energy.
- Elisa & Baltazar Melecio for coordinating and directing the Apparitions every night and all of the actors.
- The Garcia Family, Gaby, Betty, Lucio Barrera and Silvia Martinez for decorating all of the pews.
- Mario Trujillo and the faithful choir members for their commitment and musical talents.
- Imelda Padilla, Elisa Melecio and Maria Luz Hernandez for helping with the liturgical arrangements and all the liturgical ministers, among them our Deacons, David and Oscar (who along with their wives always accompany us) lectors, ministers of communion, ministers of hospitality, and altar servers.
- Salvador Ortiz for coordinating the coffee and bread after the mañanitas.
- All the parish group representatives for serving at each night of the novena.
- The Fiesta Committee for decorating the Hall and organizing the social after the Solemn Mass.
- The rest of the Guadalupana Committee represented by various people from the parish.
- And to so many of you who have been so generous to our community with your time, culinary skills, hard labor, and financial gifts.
- All of you who attended our celebrations, for your commitment and fidelity…
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! – May Our Lady of Guadalupe and our Lord Jesus Christ bless you all!
Fr. Homero Sánchez, OSA – Pastor of St. Rita of Cascia Parish