Welcome to St. Rita of Cascia Parish Website
YOU CAN ALSO WATCH SUNDAY MASSES IN OUR FACEBOOK
5TH SUNDAY OF LENT – MARCH 26
BROADCAST GOSPEL READING AND HOMILY BY FR. TOM McCARTHY, OSA
NO CATECHISM CLASSES ON APRIL 8, 2023
There will be no Catechism Class on Saturday, April 8. Classes will resume on Saturday, April 15. We ask that you and your family participate in all of our Holy Week and Easter Masses.
WEEKLY PARISH BULLETIN – MARCH 26, 2023 (PDF)
CHRISTMAS MESSAGE FROM FATHER HOMERO
Dear members of our beautiful Churches of St. Rita and St. Clare:
“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who announces peace, who brings the good news…!” The good news that Jesus has been born, the one announced by the prophets to bring peace and salvation.
Christmas is here and with it also the joy of celebrating the eternal joy of Peace, Jesus the Savior.
I can’t believe how fast time flies; this is the seventh Christmas we have spent together as a family of faith. 7 years sharing joys, sorrows, challenges, and anguish, but above all hope. Even as the years go by, each Christmas has been different, each Christmas I have learned something different. With a heart full of hope, I wish that this Christmas too, like each one, is different for each one of you. May the love of the Child Jesus help you to get out of the monotony of loneliness, resentment, and anguish.
On behalf of Fr. Samuel, Bishop Daniel, and our parish staff, we wish that this Christmas is filled with the message of Peace that Christ brings us. I know that some of you may still have many sorrows, fears, or anguish after the pandemic, however, I hope that the constant coming of Christ will help you heal and move forward, to appreciate the beautiful path of life. May the joy of knowing that Christ is coming to visit us be a consolation and a support to continue with the precious gift of life, loving one another and feeling the joy of peace and hope that the Child who has been born to us, bring.
Father Homero Sánchez, OSA – Pastor
IMPORTANT PARISH UPDATES
August 20, 2021
- WE NO LONGER STREAM MASSES LIVE THROUGH FACEBOOK OR YOUTUBE.
- We are glad and blessed to welcome the Augustinian Prenovitiate House of Formation that will be located at St. Clare’s Friary. Welcome!!
- We will have a special Mass in Honor of St. Clare on Saturday, August 21 at 6 pm at St. Clare Chapel – CLICK HERE for more information
- We will also celebrate Bishop Daniel Turley, OSA on his 25th Anniversary as Bishop during the Mass in Honor of St. Clare of Montefalco el 21 de Agosto. Congratulations Bishop Turley! – CLICK HERE for more information
- Starting on August 16, we have daily Mass in English at St. Clare Chapel on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8 am. Please join us!
- Prayer Group Formation Meetings will begin on August 24 at St. Clare and St. Rita. There will be 15 meetings of spiritual formation on the topic of prayer. Reunions will be on Tuesdays at 7 PM. It’s 15 meetings of formation on spiritual growth through prayer.
- We are in need of volunteers who would like to help us repair the Adoration Chapel at St. Clare for its reopening in September. Please contact us if you would like to volunteer. Thank you so much!
OUR NEW PARISH APP
St. Rita Parish is pleased to announce that we have a new cell phone app. You can use this app to keep up to date on events at St. Rita’s and to support your parish.
TO DOWNLOAD – Download the St. Rita app in your phone’s “app store” and search for St. Rita Chicago. Look for the icon below:
To donate, you can click this link: https://pushpay.com/g/stritaofcasciachicago or you can give directly through the app.
Fr. Homero Sanchez, OSA
St. Rita of Cascia is a parish of the Archdiocese of Chicago, founded in 1905 by the Augustinian Order, who still administer the parish.
We are located at 6243 S. Fairfield Avenue in Chicago, IL 60629. You can reach us at 773-434-9600 (Tel), 773-434-9668 (Fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Email).
As a Parish Community we rejoice that you are joining us in our journey of Faith. We invite you to become involved in the spiritual life of our Parish through your presence at Mass and your participation in the many ministries and activities we offer.
Please know that we are here to offer you our support and prayers in all the joys, sorrows and struggles that will touch your life. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate calling our parish office. We will be happy to serve you in any way possible.
May the peace of God bless you and the intercession of St. Augustine and St. Rita of Cascia continue to bless us all.
Rev. Homero Sanchez, OSA
Pastor – St. Rita of Cascia