Mass / Liturgy and Reconciliation Schedule
We are a spirit-led people nourished through God’s Word and at the table of the Eucharist that unites us as one family.
Church Reopening – Latest Update
WELCOME HOME! – Beginning in June 2021, Illinois moved to Phase 5 of our reopening plan. What does that mean for us at St. Rita?
Coming to Mass:
- All capacity restrictions are lifted. Masses, liturgies, sacramental celebrations, parish/school events and all offices may resume 100% capacity. Physical distancing is NOT required for vaccinated persons. Physical distancing is recommended by public health authorities, when possible, for unvaccinated persons if conditions allow up to 6 ft. of separation.
- The Archdiocese of Chicago requires that everyone, no matter their vaccination status, wear a mask in church and all Archdiocesan buildings. Masks are recommended by public health authorities for indoors, particularly in crowded venues.
- Hand sanitizer would remain prominently available in our churches and offices.
- Mass Registration is no longer required. Proof of vaccination is not required for attendance at any liturgies or services.
- Congregational signing is encouraged. The Sign of Peace is restored.
- Receiving Holy Communion in the hand no longer requires extra hand sanitizing on the part of the Communicant. Receiving Holy Communion on the tongue will resume. Distributing/receiving Holy Communion from the cup remains suspended at this time.
In the event that anything changes per the State of Illinois, City of Chicago or public health departments, we will communicate immediately.
Some may be nervous about returning to Mass and those that have been back in church may be nervous about these changes. Greeters and Ushers will remain present as you enter the building to ease the transition back to church. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to one of the greeters or ushers and they can assist you.
Our hearts yearn to be present again with each other. Welcome Home!
Sunday Masses at St. Rita Church
9 am – Spanish
10:30 am – English
12 pm – Spanish
Sunday Masses at St. Clare Chapel
7:30 am – Spanish
10:30 am – English
12:30 pm – Spanish
Weekday Masses at St. Rita Church
Monday – Friday at 8 am – (Spanish)
Weekday Masses at St. Clare Chapel
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8 am – (English)
Monday – Friday at 12 pm – (Spanish)
Monthly Spanish Mass in Honor of St. Rita – Third Thursday
Intercessor of Impossible Cases and Pacifier
The Third Thursday of each Month at 7 pm in the St. Rita Church with Confessions at 6 pm.
Everyone is invited to come and worship in community with our prayers as we honor our patroness, Saint Rita.
Confessions / Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturdays from 11 am to 12 pm in St. Rita Church.
Thursdays after the 12 pm Mass in St. Clare Chapel.
First Friday of the Month from 7 to 8 pm in St. Clare Chapel.
Third Thursday of the Month from 6 to 7 pm in St. Rita Church before the Monthly Novena in Honor of St. Rita.
Or call one of the priests at the parish for an appointment.